Life As A Human

Monday, August 08, 2005

Hope For The Future

Change is eminent; it is here. There's no stopping or avoiding it. It could be ignored for a short season, but it can't be postponed. The question is to embrace or to shun.
My instinct is to grab on tightly to everything that is familiar and not let anything new in. My life as it is now is by no means perfect, but I've already been through the dirty business of coping with present imperfections. I've improved some and become comfortable with others, which, in the end, are not so bad. My housing situation and my roommate are great. I'm finally happy being single. My job has ceased to challenge me and four years of college have made me quite accustomed to the lifestyle. Why must things change now that I'm situated?
It's the age-old question about God, time, and humanity. God gives us seasons and then takes them away. This wouldn't be a problem, except I've come to love the people and times that came with this particular season of my life.
It seems I must make a decision. With a tight fist and nervously gritted teeth, I let out a deep sigh and shout to the sky, "I postpone my future no more!" I'll gather up all the gumption in me and go against my instinct. I'll embrace the change and prepare for the mess that coping might make. In the end, it won't be so bad. Come December I'll find a new roommate, possibly find a new job and move to a different town. I'll be deciding about pursuing further education and the general direction my life will take.
Life comes in seasons. Sometimes you live for today, but sometimes you must embrace tomorrow. I really don't know what's to come, but there's always hope for the future.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home