Life As A Human

Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Story Life Is

Ever since I could counsciously decide to do so, I've been striving to live life deliberately---to be fully aware of my behavior and attitudes and to find ways to live not for myself, but for God and those around me. Lately, though, I feel like I've put my life on hold, like I'm waiting for something. Well, I haven't REALLY put it on hold, I'm still in school and I'm traveling as much as possible, I'm doing the things I like to do and I'm even being a bit adventurous. But in my head, I'm on hold.

I'm at that point in my life and I think I'm subconsciously (yet semiconsciously) waiting for the story to start. You know, the love story. The story of my life and love. The problem is, even once I find my love and have a family and what not, I have the feeling I'll still have this paused feeling in my brain, because in every stage of life I'll have difficulties. I'll always be waiting for the true story to start. Why my tendency to think that life will be perfect once I'm in love? I know full well it won't be.

So I woke up today, determined to live a storied life. To do what I love doing; that which makes me tick. No more waiting for the love story to start, this IS my story. You know what? Today has been no different than yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home