Life As A Human

Monday, April 25, 2005

Anabaptist Traditions

This morning I was approaching a major intersection in town when something caught my eye. There were two ladies in a white mini-van pulling out of McDonald's, burger and soft drink in hand. What's interesting is that they were wearing head coverings, like the ones Mennonite or Amish women wear. Isn't their sanction to stay away from motorized vehicles and processed foods? They must figure they're ok as long as they wear their head covering.

2 Comments:

  • The link to the "head coverings" sight is GREAT!! I had no idea that there were so many different styles and fabrics...and COLOR! I thought that i was restricted to only white, but no! there is also a gauzy, transparent white (so everybody can see the stupendously crafted bun that I have perched on my head) as well as the more elegant and sophisticated black. (Next year, when I go to the Oscars with my new movie star boyfriend, the black stiplin traditional pleated full style will add so much CLASS to my little black dress!)
    But my absolute favorite part is the site subtitle: "Proclaim the Plain and Simple Truth that You are a Woman of God"
    Gotta love the different church traditions...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • Sarah, I agree with you. You can take a look at my post for April 28, "How to proclaim the plain and simple truth that you are a woman of God," to see more comments on this subject and another helpful link.

    By Blogger Erica Stark, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home