Life As A Human

Friday, April 22, 2005

House

My parents are moving to a new neighborhood this weekend. They've been house shopping for months now. Finally, they landed the perfect fit. It's not too fancy, not too plain. It's actually just right for them (I don't live with them, I just live nearby and mooch off them as often as possible). We're all very excited.
One day I took the roundabout way home from church just so I could drive by the new house. As I turned on to their street, I detected that, oddly enough, it was the only house on the block.
I later found out that not only is it the only house on the block, but the address is 1102 1st St., a street that doesn't exist. The house is actually on Cedar St., so my parents have had to petition a change of address.
The previous owners moved out a few weeks ago but we weren't ready to move in yet, so the house was completely devoid of any furniture, causing it to feel dim & eerie at night. Feeling the inspiration, I invited a bunch of friends over for a night of "hide and seek" and "sardines." The games were intense and a little nervewrecking. Some of the guys, in their mischievous childishness, discovered "secret passageways" in and under the house, both of them leading to bathrooms. They proceeded to hide in these passageways, waiting for the perfect time to reach in and terrify the unsuspecting victim.
I can't wait to find out what other strange things this house has. Although I think I won't be watching The Amityville Horror any time soon!

2 Comments:

  • Hey, well, i think the house is pretty scary, there are so many open spaces were creepy people could be at night---its a very scray house!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • Amanda. I agree. It is kind of scary, but it's also a very cool house!

    By Blogger Erica Stark, at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home