Life As A Human

Monday, June 27, 2005

Get Up 'N Go

I went to Nashville this weekend to visit a favorite friend. Actually, four of us went. We got back today just in time for me to make it to work. We were really cutting it tight with leaving at 6am on a 9 hour trip on a day when two of us had to be at work at 3pm. I literally got into town, hopped in my car, and drove right to work. I wish I could have showered or at least changed clothes, but alas, I work in radio and no one can see my pitiful state.

I'll be honest, the 18 hours on the road made for a very short weekend in Nashville, but the trip was worth it. In two short days I got lost three times, became re-acquainted with good old downtowon Nashville, had a man fly right over my head in an acrobat show, got a nasty blister on my right foot from my flop (had it been my left foot, I would have a blister from my flip). I worshiped under the same roof as Bob Herdman (former Audio Adrenaline member), had too much sweet tea, and met Princess Athena at the Parthenon (of Nashville, of course).

I guess it was a pretty adventurous weekend. It's good to know I still have some getup 'n go in me. Maybe there's still hope for the future.

2 Comments:

  • I feel a stange warming in my heart when I read things like your "flop" comment...it took me back to the moment we decided the left one is the flip and the right, the flop. (though, right this second, the thought just occurred to me: why, then, is it flip-flopS? It really shouldn't be plural, I'm suddenly thinking.) Also, your use of "alas" warms me as well, though I can't pinpoint why.

    By Blogger curiousceridwen, at 5:17 PM  

  • I'm elated to have your approval.

    By Blogger Erica Stark, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home