Life As A Human

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bathroom Bonding

The two of us sat in the bathroom, on the edge of the giant jet bathtub, talking. I had seen her around campus and I knew her name because we were in the same class, but I didn't know her. I had never had a conversation with her, let alone shared a prayer time. Yet, here we were, talking about our struggles and our prayer needs, getting ready to approach God together.
"Unusual" is the word that comes to mind. Yes, an unusual opportunity. Now, by "unusual" I don't necessarily mean gradiose or wowing, for opportunities like these are actually quite meaningless if brushed under the rug with a shrug. Every once in awhile, though, life throws us one of these unusual opportunities. Whether it is meaningless or wowing is up to us.
The assignment had been to scatter around the house in pairs and pray for one another. For the two of us, it became more than an assignment, it became a bonding time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home